Bundaberg Municipal Band History

Formed in 1935, The Bundaberg Municipal Band was amalgamated from Bundaberg Excelsior Band, Burnett Brass Band and the Boys Band

We are the oldest remaining instrumental musical group in Bundaberg today

The name ‘Municipal’ is derived from when the Council financially contributed to the band which ceased in the mid 1970’s

Band members are made up of professionals, local teachers, students, business owners, retirees and other employed persons

The mentoring and leadership from our adult members around values and learning experiences helps to develop the youth of the band within a safe and structured environment

Parents of our younger members are also actively involved in providing ongoing support

We foster people with disabilities within our group and welcome members from all backgrounds. We regularly have people come to our rehearsals who are passing through Bundaberg from Australia and Internationally

Our members support other music groups in town such as the Salvation Army Band, Rum City Silver Band, Orpheus Singers, Bundaberg Symphony Orchestra and we provide buglers for local ceremonies and memorials.

The Bundaberg Municipal Band Formed in 1935